Some precautions must be taken while opting for green tea. If green tea is consumed in high quantities, one has to face severe side effects.Green tea contains caffeine and Tannins. These can cause gastric pain, acidity and other health problems.
Let's see how green tea must be taken to have a positive impact on you..
1. Green tea should not be consumed with an empty stomach. Caffeine in green tea dilute the gastric juice and result in the gastric problems.
2. 30 minutes - 1 hour time gap should be maintained after or before the consumption of meal after or before taking green tea.
3. Don't use sugar and milk with green tea. Milk contains some proteins which can have negative impact on you.
4. You can take honey with green tea. As both increase metabolic activity.
5. Green tea should not taken with the daily meal (with out time gap) as it creates digestion problems.
6. Take not more than 2-3 cups in a day. Excess consumption of green tea will have negative effect on the liver.